- exeter tel: 01392 258553
- exmouth tel: 01395 279521
Thompson Jenner LLP have over 20 years of experience in the Optician sector, working with both Retail Opticians and individual Optometrists who work in the industry. During that time we have developed a strong reputation for understanding the needs of the profession from both a business and individual perspective.
We understand the real challenges that Opticians face in dealing with issues such as complex VAT returns or the best timing of taking Capital Allowances. Our experienced team can provide pro-active help and guidance on these as well as providing accounting and business planning and advice.
As chartered accountants and tax consultants we specialise in both company and personal tax so whether you are buying a car, paying your salary or selling your practice you can be comfortable in the knowledge that you will pay the minimum amount of tax. We also advise on the best method and time to extract profits from your business in order to minimise overall tax liabilities.
We will also ensure that your financial planning and cash flow is efficient and run like any other business. We can help with budgets planning and management accounts so you can predict incomes and expenditures accurately, allowing you take the right financial decisions at the right time.
How we can help
We can provide advice, planning and a full range of specialist services to Retail Opticians and Optometrists. In particular we can provide:
- Preparation of VAT returns (Full Cost Apportionment)
- Management accounts
- Business plans and financial forecasts
- Advice on asset purchase
- Bookkeeping service
- Payroll Bureau service
- Business and personal tax planning
- Inheritance tax planning
- Pension and financial planning
- Advice on incorporating your practice
- Sage training and IT advice support
Benefits of using us
- We understand the needs and challenges of your sector.
- We will always have a partner or an account manager available to answer your queries.
- We understand the issues around VAT, partial exemption and fixed cost appointment.
- We will work with you to reduce your business and individual tax liabilities
- We will help with your financial planning to increase your profits and performance.
- We offer a competitive with a fixed fee structure agreed in advance.
- We will prepare your accounts to an agreed deadline.
- We can undertake a confidential benchmarking exercise of your business to see how it compares to your competitors.
Thompson Jenner LLP has a dedicated team with the experience and specialist skills that you require to help with all your requirements. If you would like to meet to discuss the services which we are able to provide, please contact
Jon Westley on 01392 258553
We are always happy to offer a completely no cost/no obligation initial meeting.